Munnar has many waterfalls among the tourist attractions in Munnar. Most Popular among all the waterfalls in Munnar is Attukad Waterfalls. It lies between Pallivasal and Munnar. Attukad waterfalls is a perfect mixture of rocks and greenery. To be more specific the rolling hill slopes extended to a greater distance surrounding the waterfall. Attukad Waterfalls is at a distance of 9 kilometers from Munnar and is visible from a distance from the road. Water seems to be falling like threads of pearls from a height. Age is not a bar to visit this place as it has something to offer for all the family members.
Jungle lovers and nature admirers can enjoy Attukad Waterfalls. A walk around the fall will be fruitful due to the lush greenery and jungles. You have to walk through a narrow wooden bridge to reach the waterfall. At times it is covered by fog which plays hide and seek with the visitors. Even a gaze or looks around it will sooth your eyes with different kinds of seasonal flowers. Some of the favorite activities to do here are trekking and picnicking. Photographers can click a lot of pictures and stuff for their eager lenses and children can play building sand dams on the waterfall.
Food and coffee can be availed from the nearby shops. Tasting the Ice cold water in Summer or hot coffee in winter which is among the best things to do in Munnar can make the visit to Attukad waterfalls more relaxing. The water from the waterfall tastes good and is pure as well. Locals near this tourist spot and also serve as good caretakers. One can visit these waterfalls by landing at the nearest airport to Munnar at Cochin. For railway passengers the nearest railway station is Aluva. The best hotels in Munnar to stay are available only 9 Km away from this tourist destination.
ALSO SEE- Top 8 Munnar Waterfalls
What we love about Attukad Waterfalls ?
• The waterfall is the major attraction which falls from a greater height or top of the rolling stones. The crystal clear and good to taste water not only feels good to your hands but is also good for your taste buds.
• Encircled by the thick jungles which are a great treasure of flora and fauna. Trekking will not only excite you but also take you to cloud nine. Abundant nature and lush greenery help you to relax under nature’s lap.
• A sip of hot coffee and the gushing sound of ice cold water on the bed of the rock will relax your thoughts. At times the visit of fog and the rocks playing hide and seek will take the imagination to next level.
• We can keep the spot in our mind and also in our photo album. Taking pictures of the perfect blend of the natural phenomenon will be thrilling for photographers of different generations. The place is so photogenic that it doesn’t require any artificial makeup.
What to know about Attukad Waterfalls?
• The waterfall is in its full flow during the monsoon season. Sometime the level of water also rises above the wooden bridge that we use to visit the waterfall. During this season the place is in full blossoms and presents a different view to its visitors. The speed and volume of water also increase in this season.
• It looks great even from the highway joining the Kochi and Madurai. Even from a distance of 2.5 Km from the main road, the view of the waterfall is nice. When one approaches near to the fall, it gives us a different look. Such differences in views of the same waterfall from different distances are entertaining.
• This waterfall serves as the best place for picnic lovers. Away from the noise and pollution of city life, this spot becomes a favorite location to relax and spend some quality time. The visitors can also enjoy a trek down the green lanes. Not only picnic lovers but it is a perfect destination for a weekend gateway.
Best time to visit Attukad Waterfalls
Monsoon season is the right time to visit this tourist destination. During monsoon, the waterfall is at its full flow and the place is full of greenery. Months of June, July and August will be ideal to visit the waterfall.
No need to burn your pocket to enter this waterfall because there are no charges for the entry fee. You just have to walk through the wooden bridge to reach this destination. By keeping the entry fee nil the natural spot can be enjoyed by each and every visitor throughout the year.
There are many other waterfalls in Munnar, they can be visited within a drive of 10 minutes to 2 hours from Munnar. Some of them are Nyayamakad waterfalls, Lakkam waterfalls, Kuthumkal waterfalls, Valara waterfalls and Kuthumkal waterfalls. Each one of them gives us a distinct feature and nature’s abundance. The Lakkam waterfalls start from Eravikulam plateau and are surrounded by “Vaga tress???. Valara waterfalls are made up of a chain of waterfalls.
ALSO SEE- LAKKOM WATRFALLS
Attukad Waterfalls is made up of rocks, waterfalls and lies in the dense forest. This waterfall not only serves as a picturesque destination but also is the first choice of visit in Munnar for trekkers and photographers.