Best Treehouse Resorts in Munnar
Munnar is the most happening hill station in Kerala in South India located at 110 km from the nearest Cochin airport. Situated at 6000 feet above the sea level, Munnar has enchanting weather, tea plantations, and scenic views. The serenity spells a magic for all who visit here. Tree houses in Munnar are popular with tourists. Munnar tourism is about celebrating the holidays in the cool green environment of Nilgiri hills of Munnar.
The tourists can access several sightseeing spots in Munnar, right from National Parks, ancient churches, dams, lakes, temples, scenic viewing spots, tea plantations & tea museums, cardamom fields, echo spots, waterfalls and various other places where you would love to pay a visit. A perfect resort town with the full galore of flora & fauna. Just perfect for the nature lovers who would love to stay in the wonderful Treehouses in Munnar. These would give them lots of reasons to cherish the memorable time spent here enjoying vacations.
“A Treehouse is a free house, a secret you and my house, A high up in the leafy branches, cozy as can be a house. A street house, a neat house, be sure and wipe your feet house, is not my kind of house at all, let’s go and live in a treehouse”.
What do we love about Treehouse Resorts in Munnar?
Treehouses used to be a shelter option for the prehistoric archaic humans, 40,000 years back. These shelters helped them to understand the landscape better because of its vantage high point advantage. Traditionally, a big trunk tree is chosen to be used as treehouse by various props from the jungles such as logs, planks, and bamboo shoots. Over the time, the human mind progressed and technology now made treehouse a safe luxury for all who love nature’s bounty.
Best Treehouse resorts in Munnar
- Nature Zone Resort Munnar
- Dreamcatcher resort
- Ela Ecoland Nature Retreat
- Kaivalyalm Retreat
- Misty Munnar Treehouse
- Jungle Jive Treehouse Munnar
Best time to visit Munnar Treehouses
Living on the treehouses is a unique experience that one can enjoy any time of the year. Although rates of Munnar three houses are low when monsoon strikes between June & September, this is the offseason in Munnar and when most people shun away from visiting. However, at the same time, few adventurists enjoy that time, as there are fewer people but more greenery to observe in a cold and comfortable. The December to February months remains very pleasant here, with the nights getting colder. Normally frequented months are March to May when inland tourists throng the treehouses to enjoy fully. It’s the best time for adventurous sports such as rock climbing and trekking.
Nature Zone Resort Munnar
The Nature Zone Resort in Munnar is ideally located about 4km from the city center of Munnar. Surrounded by a picturesque serene scenic area of Munnar staying here extends an unforgettable experience. This resort invokes adventure spirit in you, as this is only accessible by resort jeep on a winding dirt road through tree plantations. The hospitality is the keyword here for the resort and they value it by seeing tourist’s smiles more often. The facilities at Nature Zone resort are perfect for the tourists.
Features – 12 African Safari Luxury Tents, 3 Bamboo houses fixed solidly on huge trees, Luxuries provided in tents & treehouses, coir flooring, bamboo & paper light fittings in interiors, furnished bedrooms and modern baths, plantation around the resort with aromatic flowers like lavender & rosemary around. The camp fire facilities with an eye on the ecosystem are its fantastic features. That besides multiple other offers such as hill scenes & sunrise views that make your stay truly memorable. The resort also offers great ethnic Keralite food and continental dishes. The visitors too can use the kitchen to cook the dishes of your choices.
Dream Catcher Plantation Resort
– 20 km away from Munnar, it’s a resort having four self-contained Treehouses in the 20 acres of tea plantation. These four tree houses are connected by a walking trail inside the green & beautiful dense tea plantation. Its romantic setting is something worth spending time here and treasure the memories forever.
Nicely decorated tree houses have cool interiors with all modern amenities such as Wi-Fi, well-fitted bathroom, and the sit out area to make your stay comfortable. The resort provides jeep safari to the higher hills around there and arrangement of the bonfire and special romantic dinner.
Ela Ecoland Nature Retreat
– If you are looking for a laid back completely unique vacation in Munnar, then look for Ela Ecoland. Located 16 km before Munnar on Cochin road, this resort besides other options has a treehouse, said to be the first in Munnar. The retreat truly gives you more worth than the money you spend here.
Ela Ecoland Nature Retreat has a fabulous restaurant and perfect eco-system for harmonious living. It is surrounded by cardamom plantations. Its treehouse extends all the basic amenities closer to the mother nature.
– A perfect hideout, away from the bustling cities, Kaivalyalm retreat is 7 km from Munnar. A holistic health resort is set in the panoramic surroundings. In the middle of beautiful tea gardens, Kaivalyalm Retreat treehouses are amazingly merged with nature, having a bedroom, modern bathroom, sit-out area, balcony that provides amazing views from the treehouse.
Fitted with a telephone, television, wi-fi, and other necessities, this retreat is well supported by excellent food and cooperative staff.
The Misty Munnar Treehouse
– Just one km from the city center of Munnar, it’s located in a place called Chinnakkanal, The Misty resort is a mix of traditional luxury rooms and tree houses. They have a square shaped bamboo tree houses atop 20 feet from the ground with all the basic amenities such as bedroom, attached modern bathroom, hot water, television, fridge, and telephone. One can enjoy exploring nearby cardamom estate, Idukki arch dam, and Chengulam dam. Misty is in the lap of natural surroundings, with undisturbed ecosystem, where one enjoys the stay completely.
Jungle Jive Treehouse
is 14 km from Munnar, it is one of the best places to stay with a high rating from the customers. Near Chengulam Dam and Dreamland Fun park, Jungle Jive has spacious tree houses with one bedroom, modern bathroom, and free toiletries. The resort claims free 24 hours Wi-Fi and each room facing garden and hills for providing fascinating scenic visuals to the visitors.
A spacious balcony and outdoor seating area are favored by most tourists. Jungle Jive tree house provides excellent food of your choice. Its staff is well versed with the languages its visitors speak. All in all, a place to look for when in Munnar.
The Unforgettable Munnar Treehouses
Staying in the treehouses in Munnar is a lifetime fun-filled experience in the natural surroundings. The treehouses in various resorts have their unique identities. Their placement varies from 20 feet to astonishing 90 feet in height on tall and thick trees. The material used is strong thick logs and planks with the tie rods and bolts, properly fixed to raise the bar of safety and security. The walls are mostly made of bamboo shoots. The design has ample arrangement for modern bathrooms and open space for sitting and using the balcony as a vantage point. Munnar treehouses are the fun way for having vacations right in the arms of Mother Nature.